...a tastey snack to satisfy your active lifestyle.











A Family Affair..... More on the Marathon!

This is me waiting in my corral at the starting line! My twin sister, Samantha, was with me for the start of the race. She was so great! She helped me so much it was like having my very own personal assistant-- starting with driving us to Pittsburgh from State College the night before, taking me to the race that morning and finding me the shortest line for the bathrooms! Haha. She's awesome. My whole family is so supportive and I love sharing this experience with them. My Mom, Dad, brother, sister, Aunt and Brother-in-Law were all there cheering me on! My older sister couldnt be there this year but she was the first to call and hear the results! It's a blessing to have a great support system throughout training as well-- having people checking in on you to see how your doing, making sure you are feeling okay, its what family is all about!  
At the finish line festival showing off my medal! Yay! I never would have expected to place 2nd in my age group. It was a great accomplishment and one of my proudest moments. I truely felt that I can do anything if I put my mind to it. It was AMAZING and it's no wonder I'm hooked on these Half Marathons! I love everything about them-- the training, the pushing your body to new limits, the challenge of new goals, the competition with other runners, THE CITY OF PITTSBURGH! Does it get any better??!!
An ode to the many bridges we ran over! When we took this photo, a few people around saw and thought the location was great! They wanted to do the same thing-- we started a little photo-op trend! It is a pretty cool spot. Check out that sky in the background-- doesn't look too friendly, but honestly the weather was PERFECT for the race. It was warm with a light sprinkling rain to keep you cool.

Told ya--- SMILES! Haha I really enjoyed myself during the race. Haha I am such a nerd.

No comments:

Post a Comment