...a tastey snack to satisfy your active lifestyle.











Share your Story

The story: My love for running began when I beat the boys in middle school gym class. With no cross country or track program available, my mom suggested I join in summer conditioning for the high school team. I earned my first medal with my first 5k and from there it evolved. As individualized as the sport naturally is, I think my experience has been just that. With barely a high school team and little coaching, my passion for running has always come from within. I’ve been one of two members on a team and participated individually in races when my times haven’t even counted. I went on to try club cross country at Penn State when I began missing the thrill of competing. I enjoyed running with others, but the structure and coaching I was hoping for just wasn’t there. I later continued running on my own. I graduated from Penn State and decided I needed a new goal for myself- the 2010 Pittsburgh half marathon. Training for my first half marathon was truly a turning point for me. I’ve been hooked ever since. I enjoy the training, the competing, everything about it! I learn more about myself through my weeks of training than I ever have before. In 2011, I ran my second Half Marathon in Pittsburgh. I’m proud to say I coached myself to earn 2nd place in my age group.

No comments:

Post a Comment